We are accepting applications for the following positions:
Part-time position, estimated 10-20/week.
The Town of Starksboro seeks an experienced finance professional to join its team part-time. The professional in this position will be responsible for maintaining the town’s cash accounts, investing town money, approving accounts payable and payroll, and collecting and recording tax payments and fees. This position plays a critical fiduciary role in the financial operation of the town and record-keeping required under state law and may be also be appointed as Town Treasurer.
Regular responsibilities include:
- collect and process payments for fees, programs, invoices and taxes;
- deposit, borrow, invest, and transfer town funds;
- reconcile end-of-day cash with system reports and prepare daily cash receipts report;
- monitor all town bank accounts;
- provide monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts;
- ensure all internal controls are followed and provide adequate financial oversight;
- invoice accounts receivable;
- deliver monthly reports to the Selectboard and Department heads.
The finance professional works with the Town Auditors, Town Administrator, and the Town Clerk under the supervision of the Town Administrator and Selectboard. Position to assist with other tasks as required by the Selectboard and Town Administrator, to assist the Town Clerk with counter service and phone coverage when necessary.
Successful applicants will have 3-5 years of financial administrative oversight experience, or a comparable knowledge base and skill set. Position requires knowledge of fund accounting, excellent independent judgment and decision-making skills, and the ability to work with members of the public and outside agencies. Occasional weeknight or weekend hours may be required. Experience with NEMRC municipal software is strongly preferred. Hourly pay based on experience.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Rebecca Elder at email@example.com
Applications accepted until position is filled. EOE.