The Zoning Administrator’s function is to provide property owners and members of the publlic with the necessary forms to obtain any municipal permit or authorization required under local bylaws or ordinances regulating land development. Municipal zoning bylaws are under §4449.
Zoning Administrator: Rebecca Elder
HOURS: By appointment – please call 453-2768 or email
If you are considering some improvements to your home or property, please check the local zoning regulations or call the office so we can best assist you. We are here to help you access the resources and information needed.
Zoning Resources and Forms
- Starksboro Zoning Districts
- Density & Dimensional standards (setback requirements, min. acreage, etc)
- Fee Schedule
- Zoning Permit Application
- DRB Application (for Site Plan, Conditional Use, Waiver, Variance, Subdivisions, etc)
- Cert. of Compliance/Occupancy Form
- Ag Structure notification
- Driveway Accessibility Permit application
- Overweight permit application
- Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control (State of Vermont)
- Residential Energy Code Handbook:
Maps and GIS Resources:
- A great new GIS mapping view of Starksboro: Vermont Open Geodata Portal
- Vermont Agency of Natural Resources Biofinder – BioFinder is a database and mapping tool for identifying Vermont’s lands and waters that support important ecosystems, natural communities, habitats, and species.
- Parcel map viewer for Vermont